Bill Sorenson, principal at Heritage Capital Group, and Paul Dent, founder of Surenomics, LLC, hosted a webinar on “Cybersecurity for Business Owners.”
It is a commonly held misconception that larger businesses are at a higher risk of receiving cyber-attacks than small to medium enterprises due to the scale of the operation and the sensitivity of the information. According to a recent study by IBM, 52% of cyber-attacks happened in organizations with just 11 to 100 employees (2020).
To learn more about cybersecurity and strategies to minimize your company’s risk, select from the video links below to view highlights on specific topics.
- Cybersecurity defined (video)
- Examples of high-profile attacks (video, video)
- Global impact of cybersecurity (video)
- Types of industries most likely to be impacted (video)
- Size of enterprises most likely affected
- Frequency of cyber-attacks on small and medium enterprises
- 3 Elements of cybersecurity (video)
- Cybersecurity challenges for small and medium enterprises (video)
- Adverse effects of a singular focus on growth at the risk of cybersecurity
- Organizational and Leadership role in cybersecurity awareness
- Best practice framework
- The most significant threats to small and medium enterprises
- Essential mitigation tactics (video)
- Importance of cybersecurity insurance
- Types of coverage and the question to ask
- The impact a breach could have on mergers and acquisitions
- Future considerations
Click here to download the slide deck for this presentation.